Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 AM
thepolyparrot

I looked at the stretched machine, but I wouldn't buy it because it's built on a 201 - which means it has the smallish class 66, horizontal bobbin.

The smallest bobbin I would even consider in a longarm machine is the class 15, and you have to replace that often enough. The class 66 holds about 3/5 or 2/3 the thread that the 15 does. And I sure don't want to have to try to replace that topside horizontal bobbin while I'm in the middle of a quilt.

I'm really wanting an ABM Innova, but my budget is saying that the Bailey is more realistic. ;)

That's great that you can use any thread in yours, Cheryl - I can't believe how many posts I see about "my machine doesn't like X brand!" If I had a machine that wouldn't sew with what I gave it, it would go out the door! LOL!

How do you like the stitch regulator on your machine? After the bobbin size and location, that's my next most important feature. Does it really keep your stitching consistent sizes?

Does it take ordinary household needles (15x1) or does it need an industrial type? (like DBx1)

Can you use small size needles in it? (Size 12, for instance?)

Thank you!
Elizabeth