Old 01-17-2009, 09:22 AM
pennyswings

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Dear Pal:
I am so sorry that you that all your love and hard work went unappreciated. I agree with everyone else that the vast majority of non-quilters haven't got a clue the hard work, time, money, thought and love go into planning and then puttng the whole thing together into a beautiful work of art.
I know how it feels to have all that work and love go unappreciated. I made a quilt for my younger niece as a graduation from college gift. It was a full bed size quilt and I paid much more for it then I had planned. Took weeks gathering all the material into her favorite colors. Brought 5 yards of Michael Millers pansey material at $9.00 per yard because they had her favorite colors and it was so beautiful. This way she could reverse it if she wanted to. She did say thank you when I gave it to her but the next time I visited my sister's house I saw the quilt on top of her sister's bed. Now you may say, well that is not too bad but my middle niece, who I adore, is in the habit of coming in from the stable and laying on top of whatever is on the top of her bed. Needless to say the quilt was a mess. I was very hurt but I have learned the people who do appreciate things like this and they are the only ones I will gift something like this to.