View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Kappy

Originally Posted by JulieM
I went to my favorite quilting store looking for a new project, I asked one of the ladies in the shop for alittle advice on picking my next project. I had explained to her my level of experience. She directed me to a quilt kit with all triangles. And I have never made a quilt with triangles because I read so many disaster stories about them.

In a "goofball" moment I said sure, I can do that. The pattern is on the cover of McCall's Quilting, Fast Favorites.

I have started cutting the strips from fat quarters that were provided in the kit. I just can't get motivated to work on it. I feel intimidated with the whole quilt by my own inexperience.

Also, at the time I was in the shop purchasing the above, I signed up for a quilt class on you guessed it triangles, the entire class was surprised to find the class was hand piecing triangles. I don't hand piece and I do not believe anyone else in the class does either.

DH was with me when I bought the kit and the book, he knows what it cost and never complains. Maybe I need to put everything away, get ready for spring, and get back to the gym.

Thanks for letting me vent/whine a bit. :cry:

JulieM
who has lost her regular here status
Do Not Put It Away....it can sense fear! LOL If the triangles are half square triangles do not worry...they have some good tutorials on this site. Try a couple, you just might suprise yourself! You are never "alone", this board is just a mouse click away.