View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 AM
plainjane

Drama is what they were going for-not necessarily actual truth. Who would agree to air their dirty laundry in public-unless you are compensated. Her kithen, bath and bedrooms could be just really neat and spotless-maybe why no one saw these rooms-no drama there. On hoarders, any one featured was out of control EVERYWHERE. I just think the drama was hyped to make it more emotional. I think staged is what I'm going for. Sure we could all use a little more organization, me expecially. The husband seemed a bit of a wimp and didn't take ownership of his part of the messy garage, I think he choaked a bit in front of the camera:). I'm thinking everyone was coached as to what to say to get it all going-not a surprise-just think of all of the support production crew that had to be there. The military group had to be organized as to when to show up, etc. A reality show can be directed to the way that will get the most ratings. But there was great storage in that garage. OWN is a new network and needed to do something to get a big boost of ratings up front-it's all about the $$, supposted to be "entertainment" that's all.