View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Izaquilter

Gosh I don't know where to start! I am going to a quilt retreat the end of March & I decided to use the pastels I had in my stash already. Got them out, ironed them & cut them all up & didn't have enough. DH took me to Paducah to get some more fabric to 'go with it' & couldn't find anything to go with it so I wound up going another route. Bought what I thought would go with it & just do it in pinks. Get home & CUT it up & I didn't like it! So 2 days later I called QID to order 10 yds of the fabric I did like & was going with just pink & white to be done with it. Got the fabric & it's not the same! Ok, I can deal with that.....took new fabric in sewing room...ironed it.....straightened it.....cut it. CUT IT THE WRONG SIZE! A whole yard of it! Thank God I have 9 more yards to try & get this right! I'm about ready to "hang it up" & make something else because I don't feel like I'm meant to make this easy quilt! Now I have a boatload of 6" squares, some 5" squares (the ones cut wrong) & gonna have to find something to do with them! Think I will be working with pastels longer than planned!