View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 AM
quiltmaker

Do you have any other shops such as JoAnns, Hancocks or an LQS that would give you their empty bolts? For my larger yardage I do use the bolts from shops. BrookMarie, there are almost as many opinions on this subject here as are people. If you like your fabric the way you're doing it then go for it. I don't buy any of those fabric organizer type products. I fold mine in wood cabinets and have storage containers for the overflow...never had a problem and have done this for many years. Fabrics have been stored everyway imaginable for decades and decades without problems. Just remember there is always going to be a product/products out there to separate you from your money and they will try and convince you that if you don't do it this or that way you will potentially ruin your precious fabrics. I just don't buy into that theory for a number of reasons. That said, there is nothing wrong with them either if you choose to go that route.

There are rulers and gadgets for every imaginable project that I also don't see a need for or purchase. I pick and choose what I know what I'll use and enjoy. We are all individuals and do it our own way. I would rather pay more for the best quality fabric and threads I want to use and that can really be a considerable amount especially today.
You just have to decide what works for you and be content with what you have and can truly afford.

You're going to get a lot of opinions on this so just sit back and enjoy everyones thoughts and then make a decision you can live with and keep harmony in your home & budget.