View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:27 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pippa
Got the latest Quiltmania mag. today. In it there is an article on the Houston International Quilt festival which quotes from the 2010 Quilting in America survey and says that there are 21.3 million Americans "playing with bits of fabric" and that in 2009 they spent 3600 million dollars on fabrics, books, sewing machines and notions!

Here comes the stinger: "This is much, much more than their golfing, hunting and fishing partners spend put together"

I always thought that his hobby (photography/vintage cameras) was more expensive than mine. I will have to find another justification LOL
Pippa
HOGWASH!

My hubby spends less on golfing at the sporting goods store, BUT add in the greens fees and that is a different story. $35 to golf and he goes two times a week in the winter, more in the summer. And their golfing clothes are also purchased a regular stores and I'll bet that isn't added in either. He can't golf in regular clothes, has to be special golf shirts. And special golf shorts. So I repeat.......HOGWASH!