Old 01-17-2009, 10:58 AM
stashblaster

Some of you have such sad stories. My heart breaks for the time and money that you spent only to have your quilts trashed.

My daughters and my sisters are the only people that I will quilt for now. Oh, I forgot my husband. He's very appreciative to have his own man quilt (one without flowers). My sister's start crying when I give them a new quilt. I am happy to do this for them. None of my four sisters sew. I give them two rules. I never want to see the quilts outside being dragged down the sidewalk by a kid. And no pets on the quilts. My sisters all have big dogs. They know that they will never get another quilt if their families don't take care of it. I have a large house but really, how many quilts do I need displayed? So my sisters are the lucky ones.

I will not make any more quilts for my mother or the in-laws. My mom scaled down her house to go live in Florida. She gave me back all the pictures of the grandkids that I ever sent and the quilts I made. I designed and hand quilted a quilt using flour sack fabric that my grandmother had. That quilt had zero sentimental value to her apparently. At least she had the courtesy to give it back to me. I won't even get into why the in-laws aren't worthy. :mrgreen: