View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 AM
candi

Wow, Kathy, you twisted my arm ,lol. We have not been to Carlsbad yet, we are working our way southwest now. But now that I have your offer, it may just take priority over all else, lol. I have no doubt of its magnificence...never been to a NP that was anything less spectacular!

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Originally Posted by candi
...we have a plan to visit all the National Park (have quite a bit left)...and all the states..my husband is only missing 3...I am missing 6...but who is counting???? LOL.
Have you been to Carlsbad Caverns National Park? We are 1 hour east of Carlsbad & the caverns are about 30 minutes south of there. They are absolutly amazing! There are a bunch of different tours you can do, most are self-guided now. You rent a thingy into which you enter the number of the sign you are standing in front of. It will tell you all about what you are looking at. It's really cool. I used to rent one for everyine in the group, but now we share one. Just make sure you have a jacket with you as it is about 55º down there all year long. If you head our way, we have a queen size bed in the guestroom that I can offer! You'd have your own bathroom, too!