Thread: going to gym
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:52 AM
nycquilter

I made a resolution a few years back to reclaim the body that was hiding inside the one I'd built! So, for a year, I did yoga at a local place. I learned I needed to be within five minutes of my home. So, then I joined a gym and took advantage of the free personal training session that was offered. I loved it--my trainer had me working/sweating. I then chose to sign up for more training sessions. And, I have to admit, I hate exercising--like Joan Rivers used to say, every time I get the urge to work out, I lay down til it passes. So, here we are, two years later. This year, I added actually dieting (weight watchers) to the mix. And, I am getting to where I want to be. for a few months, I've upped the training to 3 times a week. I hate it. I hate exercising. I hate sweating. But I LOVE feeling better than I have in years. It's actually worth the cost of giving up sewing time (and I don't say that lightly). So, I go to the gym and sweat and moan and complain. My trainer simply laughs and puts more weight on the machine or bar. I love him; he's the perfect trainer for me. And to keep my motivation up, I purchase enough sessions for about six months or else I know I'd falter and go back to the former slothly ways I love.

Laurie