Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 AM
CoyoteQuilts

Originally Posted by dixiechunk
As some of you may recall, I recently acquired a pre-owned Pfaff 7570. The Germans may make a wonderful machine but they make a lousy instruction book.
Simple sewing and piecing is going just ma-va-lous but I tried to
FMQ yesterday (and continued today) without success. I attached an open-toed darning foot...not easy, the manual doesn't actually show it being attached, just shows it attached.
Threaded it up. Placed my practice 12"x12" piece under the foot. Took a single stitch to pull up the bobbin thread. Lowered the foot. It won't move. Well, more precisely, I can't move the practice piece. It's like there's too much pressure from the foot. I am sure it's how I've attached the darning foot. But I can't see any other way to do it.
Can anybody help?
There are 2 spots for the pressure foot to be lowered to. When doing FMQ you need to hit the first spot. To do this you put pressure on the pressure foot towards the back as you lower it. You an also see the 'lip' the pressure foot lever sits on if you look at your machine from the back from the 'wheel' end of the machine. Also, disengage the IDT and it is your preference if you want feed dogs up or down. I have done both on my machine. Also, make sure the bar that is on the 'darning' foot is on top of the screw that holds you needle in place. This is what makes the foot 'hop'. If you are having any other problems and would like pictures I'll try and take some and post for you. I hope I am not repeating what somebody else posted, I just read a few of the comments.