Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by Covered in Threads
I too gasp when I open my craft/sewing room door.
We are in the process of selling our home, to move closer to our kids on the east coast. The key word our realtor is using is "de-personalizing" our home. Almost the entire home is now ready for viewing except for my craft/sewing room. I gasp, I mope, I cringe but haven't begun the task of de-personalizing this room. Along with working 4 days a week, doing craft shows off and on during the year, our involvement in local 4H activities and my quilting guild responsibilites, this room gets used a lot for on-going things and figuring out how to make this work at this time is a bit maddening. So as I first stated, I too gasp at my room! But I also have a number of projects in progress - where do I find a happy balance between playing and de-personalizing? Any suggestions?

I'm in the process of packing up for a move also.
I have given up all of my extracurricular activities for the time being. How can you possibly de-personalize if you are still in the middle of projects? It's amazing to me that you are doing that. You'll cause yourself to have a nervous breakdown.
Resign from your guild. Stop with the 4-H programs. Resist starting new projects, and if any that you are now working on are very large ones, pack them up and label them as exactly what they are. That way you can go back to them when you're settled in your new home. We tend to take on way too much sometimes and that sounds like what you are doing. Just concentrate on selling your house and on your packing for the move. Once in a while bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies and eat a big bunch of them with a cup or two of strong tea! :D