View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:21 PM
jpthequilter

Dear quilter Beth,
Thank you for telling me...what I hope happened is that everything went to someplace like her church, where she could retrieve stuff like her UFOs later away from the cameras. The TV crew might not like to be accused of throwing away something valuable. What happens off camera doesn't count. Because she and her friends made so many quilts of valor - I am guessing that somehow military friends were involved.
I like to listen to CD books from the library while I quilt or (yik) clean house, so I haven't connected my TV to the network.
Actually we used to be kinda neighbors...I am originally from Berlin, and used to go to the Conway guild meetings in the late '90s. I was one of the original members of the Berlin quilt guild, In fact I was the instructor of their first saturday workshop, which was a mystery quilt. It was the simple strip, tube pieced, diagonal pattern that I know as the Amish sunshine and shadow.
Eveybody sewed their tops, but I made everybody who finished, keep tneir folded tops with the last stitches in their machines until everybody finished.I think only two didn't finish.
One of our members was newly expecting, and it was for her baby, so I asked her to open her top first. It was her first quilt and it was really beautiful! She sat on the floor with it open in front of her and just cried happy tears! Then we all cried happy tears too!
Everybody opened their tops then, and it was chaotic fun with everybody showing their tops to everybody else!
You have the most beautiful white cat! Is it Rudy? Just another guess...
I hate snow and cold partly because I am 81 now, I moved (eventually) to Port Lavaca on the south coast of Texas!
Jeannie