View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 02:21 PM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by jemma
hi watchout for cpywright if it is the resorts logo------the fabrics look wonderfull cant wait to see the quilt---whay a perfect wedding present for them
I'm not making the "logo" ... I'm just making two intertwined palm trees. Their copywritten logo is a solid light blue and . The wall hanging from the rooms is styleized intertwined palms with red (?) leaves. I'm making something "similar". Plus, when the hotel wrote me to tell me the wall hanging wasn't available, not only did they offer a different one, but I also replied that I was going to make my own. So they've been informed.

I also get the feeling from the place that even if I re-produced the logo exactly they would be flattered. It's the kind of resort that has an open online message board for both past and future guests. A good percentage of their business is repeat business. In fact, some people have reproduced similar likenesses to the logo (the intertwined palms) in ceramic tiles, paintings, etc. and posted pictures on the resorts message board.

"no worries mon. Irie!"