Old 01-17-2009, 02:35 PM
JCL in FL

I have given away almost all of the quilts I have made. Some of the people are very appreciative and others not so much. But I remember when we were newly married we got a quilt from my husband's grandmother. It didn't match anything in our house and I used to throw it on the floor for my babies to lay on and we took it on picnics. I didn't have a clue!! I even threw it out when it got all tattered. Now, it makes me sick to think I did that. I have ones my mother-in-law made and an aunt made, they match nothing and I treasure them. I wish they would have singed them.
One daughter loved the quilts I made her kids but she's put them away and no one sees them and they don't get damaged. My daughter in law uses them all the time and that makes me feel good. Something I made is giving warmth and comfort to my grand babies.
When people ask me if I sell my quilts I always say no one would pay the price. And it's true. I hand quilt only, so they do take lots of time.
My youngest son loves his and asked me to make it larger when he got a larger bed. I did.When we went to visit I noticed he had the corner turned back to expose the signature. I just put it back down but when I saw it that way again I asked him why he did that, he said he wanted anyone who saw it to know it wasn't just any quilt, it was made by me for him. Can't get any better compliment than that.