Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM
MaryAnna

Originally Posted by Renee110
I always thought that because the items were donated, that they were very very cheap do that less unfortunate can afford something. I'm serious when I say that Target and Walmart have same prices but for brand new not all banged up and ugly. They had tons of VHS movies for 5.00. I just bought DVD's at Wally World for 5 bucks that were new. I don't get it. This is a non profit organization right? A 501c3? It just seems to me that the prices defeat the purpose. Of providing goods at a much lower cost.
Yeah you're right. And I'll even top that....our local GW sells shirts for $4.99 each, yes used shirts for $4.99....last weekend Macy's had a sale on their clearance, I bought 'big name' brand shirts for $1.99 and a couple at $2.99 each, and yep, they were brand new! Sometimes you can find a 'deal' at the thrifts, but you have to hunt hard. My biggest chuckle last week was the 3qt crock pot that was well used and had a broken 'leg' so it wobbled, the GW wanted $15.00 for it....Walmart had a brand new model of that crock pot for $9.99...go figure!