Old 02-24-2011, 04:04 AM
ptquilts

Originally Posted by Mamagoat
I went to our local Goodwill, looking for books. You are so right, their prices are crazy for their stuff. So is the Salvation store. I go to the Catholic thrift store when I'm looking for a piece of fabric.Also go to the Army base one when I go get my meds.Going there today.I did find buckets, for $1.00 each, going use them for feeding buckets. Books are okay priced.Best bet is hitting yard sales when the weather permits. Blessing ya'll.
If you are looking for the white plastic 5 gal buckets, get friendly with the folks at your local bakery or grocery store bake dept. Donut filling and frosting come in those, they may give them to you.

I used to go to a Waterfront Rescue Mission TS, very large, they had like a 6 ft wall in the back to separate the work area from the sales floor. You could see over it, they literally had MOUNTAINS of donations in plastic bags that were either coming in or going out, couldn't tell. And their prices were way too high.

Maybe they are like us, they just like to play with fabric :wink: and would rather keep it that sell it.