Old 02-24-2011, 06:42 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Believe it or not I use to be a pricer for Salvation Army in CA back in the early 70s. I don't know how they do it now but the pricing was up to one person in the store for everything but clothing. There were a lot of elderly people shopping in the store so I priced everything according to what they could buy on fixed incomes. The merchandise sold fast, had to because the truck came once a week with more stuff and we had all the donated non clothing that that came in every day. The clothes always came from the truck, hung on hangers, cleaned with price tags. The store marked each item that didn't sell down 25% until it reached a yellow sticker price of 75% off then it went back to the truck to be repriced and sent to another location. The SA here definitely over prices items. Honestly the people working there are super nice but don't have much savvy about how to sell anything. Goodwill has silly overprices on dumb stuff and underprices on really good stuff. I bought a high quality lap quilt frame there for $2 and there was an old sequined dress with sequins falling off was $25. The pricer doesn't have a clue. There are a few thrift shops here that have real thrift shop prices, I love browsing in those.