View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:11 AM
LoriJ

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
The CurveMaster foot really is the bomb for Drunkard's Path type blocks. And it will take very few of these blocks to catch on - the foot really does a lot of the work for you. I was using a vintage quilting foot to make these until I broke down and bought the CurveMaster - what a difference!

I bought the Zip Bind system, and I've watched the video on the site twice in preparation for using it, but I always get sidetracked and decide to just sew it on and hand stitch like always. The clip that pulls the fabric around to the back and holds it over the seam line on the back of the quilt is the "magic trick" part of this kit.

It can take four evenings to hand sew a binding on a large quilt - but I don't dare put them on by machine because I can't keep the placement consistent and it looks terrible when I'm done. I think it will be wonderful to be able to get the binding finished in just a couple of hours *and* have it look good on the back! :)

Here is the page for watching the company's videos about its tools:
http://www.martellinotions.com/productvideos.asp

There is no charge. The one for the Zip Bind system is almost an hour - it's in the video box at the bottom of the page.
That's where I am at. I can and do bind by hand with no problems, but I'm looking at whether there is another method that looks just as good and is faster. I've tried the gluing method and it doesn't work for me, neither do some of the other methods, they just don't look nice enough. Maybe on this there are no shortcuts... :(