Old 02-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Tropical

First time quilting. I am starting to quilt the first of six quilts that need to be finished by May. While laying out the batting for the first one, it was too short and yet as I smoothed it out over the backing, it began to stretch out and now it is long enough to provide the extra that is needed beyond the quilt top. It is still over 2 inches shorter than the package size states. I didn't pull on it, just smoothed it. Does batting return to its original size when it is washed as part of the quilt? This batting is JoAnn 100 % Premium Polyester Soft N Crafty Traditional Batting which was needlepunched. The package says nothing about shrinking (polyester doesn't right?) It does say it is washable. I would really appreciate this information because I don't want to ruin all of the quilt tops I have worked so hard on for months. They are for my grand and great-grand children. The next quilt top will be getting Warm and Natural. I bought queen size to make sure it would be big enough for a 75x60 inch quilt. Thank you for your help. I did use search and didn't find any posts pertaining to my question.