View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:18 AM
emptyshellamy

I haven't been out thrifting for a while, we're about to get some ugly weather so now I have something to keep me busy all weekend :wink:

The Singer sewing books, I got 5, one is specifically tailoring (great for me, I stink at it). I've done professional garment sewing the last 2 yrs for a couple companies and I'd rather not learn right there on the job how to do something, maybe this'll brush up my "no rules, self taught" skills so I feel less stupid sometimes :oops:

The fabric is all satin for more puffy quilts, plain black, black floral, white floral & a pretty blue asian print. They did have some quilting fabric & lots of upholstery but nothing that really said 'buy me' today.

The green book is a gift, a vintage elementary primer all in German, for my ex hub, he'll dig it.

Best is that yellow 1959 Needlework Album from GRIT out of Williamsport, PA. On the cover it says all patterns 25 cents, quilt books 50 cents each. LOL!

There are some free full patterns included for sewing, knitting & crochet items, other pages are catalog #'s with pics. The names of things are hilarious, a book called "Young Folks Quilts," a "wig hat" you can crochet (OMG you should SEE this thing!), shirts called toppers & a ton of those embroidered tea towel patterns, one is all about your chores & includes "Patch your clothes, iron your duds & bake your bread."

What'd I pay? The books were a $3 fill up a bag special. Fabrics $1-2.50 ea. Grand total $9.54, great hour of retail therapy there! This was at a local Christian thrift store that has everything, I love going there.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141418.jpe   attachment-141419.jpe   attachment-141420.jpe