View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 AM
dilyn

It's a gloomy day here in North Carolina, so I thought I'd post a few laughs for everyone today. I sometimes get ideas and actually feel compelled to carry them out...Last spring I thought about buying those topsy turvy tomato hangers but decided not to because they were pricey and I'm a skinflint...I mean I'm very frugal so I cam home and created 'Tomato Pants'! I got a nice crop of tomatoes from them too! But not without some problems... The denim started disintegrating so I made some 'chaps' from some outdoor fabric and they lasted the rest of the summer! I have a similar idea this year but with improvements....
And....because I love gardening and it is sooooo hot in NC in the summertime, I created some soft cotton bras from a 3 pack of 'Granny Panties'. I know they are funny looking, but OMG they are soooooo comfy! I've had so many people ask me how to make these, I actually put a tutorial of them on my blog!

about 6 weeks later....The begonias in the top got really big!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141480[/ATTACH]

Tomato Pants, a couple of days after planting tomatoes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141537[/ATTACH]

Granny Panty Bras!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141538[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141475.jpe   attachment-141532.jpe   attachment-141533.jpe