Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Divokittysmom

I am not sure how to create an update on an original post so I am simply creating a new post here with a link to my original posting.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-98883-1.htm
SUCCESS....... SUCCESS....... SUCCESS......
After quite a few hours of soaking the affected areas with dye catcher sheets and then washing it; I finally was able to get all traces of the dye running removed from my table runner!! I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when I saw all color runs had been removed! WOOHOO!! :-D :-D :-D
THANK YOU to ALL who so kindly answered my posting and suggested the color catcher cloths. And also for the pats on the back and the 'oh poor baby' sentiments! ;)
Thank you again SEW very much for your fabulous suggestions!!
I am posting new photos of my runner that looks so much better now.... except it's a bit wrinkled.. Sorry to post 3 photos it's just so long I can't get it into one shot!!

Although a bit wrinkled at the moment... this embrodery was my first thought when planning this runner.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145998[/ATTACH]

I added a bit of applique and machine embroidery
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146770[/ATTACH]

I created this runner to be facing the correct way on each end as I was using directional prints.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146833[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145993.jpe   attachment-146765.jpe   attachment-146828.jpe