Old 02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Ramona Byrd

I absolutely LOVE the Donna Andrews series. She writes funny murder mysteries, if you can believe such a thing. And another series she has written about 4 of is about a really unique main character, who is a sentient computer being called Turing. It's also a murder mystery series, about Turing and a middle aged secretary taking over their company because it was being ruined.

And then there's the Ann McCaffree science fiction series, love them, anything she writes but won't buy any with her son's name on them any more.

There's the Jill Churchill series, featuring Jane Jeffery, a widow who solves murders.

And of course there are the funny and pretty close to real Maggody series by Joan Hess. These are pretty close to describing a Buchanan I dated ONCE many years ago and as
soon as I read about that family in her books, I remembered him clearly, no matter how much I tried to forget him!!

Like camping/fishing? Try Patrick McManus's books, they are funny. "They shoot canoes, don't they?" and others like that are a real hoot. And check out older books, starting with the 1920s and up. Cheaper By the Dozen is a classic, as are the Betty McDonald series, starting with "Cheaper by the Dozen", and two by Louise Dickenson Rich that are real classics, "We Took to the Woods" and "Happy The Land" have soothed me for many years.