Old 02-24-2011, 03:14 PM
DoxieMom

Forgive me that I didn't read through all the responses before posting, but I'm a little confused...even if they sell it on ebay what they get for it stays local, doesn't it? I presume they then use the proceeds to provide services for local people who need their assistance. They're a non-profit organization so it's not like someone is lining their own pockets. Why shouldn't they get the best price they can in order to fund services needed in the community?

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I have seen so much of this at our local SA and thrift shops, that I just had to ask today, WHY the prices were so high on donated items that are clearly NOT fixed up, NOT cleaned up, and in well used condition..

this very nice Christian lady(at the Christian run thrift shop) said to me: " well, we can get that price for it on ebay"!

I always knew that this particular store sold on ebay, especially vintage jewelry, good clothing, books, and all sewing machines,,,,but really....WE the general public are NOT ebay and when I donate something to a LOCAL charity, I expect my money to stay local!

Needless to say, I doubt I will donate anything there again much less shop there! Seriously thinking about writing an article the paper!