Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Maryde118

Hi!..I am going to try to upload a picture of the quilt I rushed to make for my dad for Christmas. I started it in late November (not a great idea) and worked night and day on it for a long time. It is a sort of quilt as you go...my first....I made the blocks then added them together with the backing as the sashing after quilting them first. Someone might clarify to me if that is actually a QAYG. LOL I finally got the quilt done in time for Christmas...my biggest quilt yet. But I forgot to take a picture until February. Imagine my surprise when I went to his house to take the picture only to find it nicely folded up in the guest room closet!!! Oh well, at least he made a fuss over it at Christmas. LOL

I did like this method of making a quilt since I find a large quilt (shoot, even a small one) hard to manage on my machine to quilt. But I am too anxious to try new methods to do another one too soon! OH,...and thanks to all the answers I had about how many layers to use of batting. I am sooooo glad I stuck to just one! :-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158328.jpe