Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
jljack

Hi - I have to tell you about an alternative treatment for the symptoms of auto-immune diseases. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was diagnosed about 4 years ago and have been on powerful immune suppressing drugs for the last 3 years. Remicade and methotrexate (also used in cancer treatment :shock: ).

Last summer I started looking for a good alternative treatment for my symptoms, because I was not at all happy with what I was getting...toxic stuff causing some of the same symptoms they were supposed to be treating, and the added "bonus" of a suppressed immune system allowing some kind of nasty infections, bad reactions to viruses, etc.

What I found is a drug called Naltrexone. It was developed in early 1980's and used for alcoholics to suppress their cravings for alcohol. It is used at high doses for them...50-300 mg. One pioneering doctor tried Low Dose Naltrexone at 2-4.5 mg to help "quiet" the immune system. Guess what...it works!!! I started taking it on January 28, 2011, and 4 days later I stopped taking Ibuprophen for the pain in my joints. I was taking 800 mg ibuprophen twice a day for pain...I stopped on that day. All my inflammation is nearly gone..all the swelling in my hands and feet. I am completely off all the toxic drugs I was being treated with previously.

Here is the website: www.lowdosenaltrexone.org It is a very "benign" drug...it does no harm to your body. There is lots of information there on how it works.

I work with doctors, and one of them has written me the prescription. My primary care doctor looked up the information and is wholly supportive of this.

I just hope this information helps someone here who may need it!!