Thread: Rowenta Iron
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
stitchofclass2

You know, I have a Rowenta that I bought several years ago and one day it leaked all over everything. I was so upset! I emptied it, I heated it up, I cleaned the sole plate and the two of us started over. It has been working great since then. However, mine too will leak if I press the steam button after it has turned off (and I didn't notice it) or if I press the steam button before it is hot enough. I have to watch it closely when it turns off. I hope this is what is going on with yours. I swore I would not buy another Rowenta because of the price and my drippy problems. I recently bought a Singer and when reading the directions it said that if you press the "steam" button more than 3 times, it will drip. Ugh!!! Haven't used it long enough to give an educated opinion except that it has a cover over the fill hole. I need that because I sew in the attic and those darn Japanese beetles that look like lady bugs get in the attic and I found them in my iron. I had a heck of a time getting them out. Another Ugh!!! Good luck!