Old 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Rettie V. Grama

In my four room apartment, everything except the small kitchen and the bathroom which is 1.5 times larger than the kitchen. I sew in the bathroom. Today, the manager of the building wanted to show a neat furnished 4 room apartment to a lady and she chose mine. Guess what, my sewing machine was open in the bathroom, newspapers which I lay out to catch the scraps that fall to the floor and fabric pieces on the toilet lid and the sink. I was working with red fabric. When she started to show the bathroom, I held a piece of red fabric over my face except for my eyes. The visitor commented that I should not be embarrassed as she used to sew and her larger sewing room looked worse than my bathroom. She also said, and you even have to put everything away at night so you can shower, etc. Made me feel better. So, if someone sees your messy work room, just tell them that it will be messy until you finish the quilt you are working on, then invite them to come sort pieces, etc. They will change their mind-----quickly.