View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 PM
kellen46

Great apron! I have tried to figure out how to do this but can't seem to wrap my mind around it! Is there a pattern somewhere I can buy for this or a tutorial on line somewhere. I have searched but have yet to find one that looks anything as good as this?[/quote]
here is a picture of one of the aprons I have made out of bib overalls. The neat thing is you get two aprons from one overall. I like to giddy them up with lots of left over bit and pieces.[/quote]

I really just don't have a pattern. Just get a pair of bib overalls from the thrift shop and split it up the side seams. split the front up to the crotch and then the crotch seam up until you can overlap the curve, one over the other to make it lay flat. Go to Nancy Zieman's web site and look for the video of her show on reusing denim. See how she deconstructs blue jeans. She does have a apron on there I believe. What have you got to lose by just experimenting, only some time and the few dollars you spend on the bibs. That is what I did. You might come up with a different way to do this that no one else has thought of.
She also has a book if you need it. . There are several books out there on the subject so research that if you need a pattern.