Old 01-18-2009, 06:42 PM
ksusan

DH has been commenting about how I purchase quilting books and then put them on a shelf and that's where they stay....

I decided to review the magazines I have saved for a handful of years.

This is what I did. I saved the Fons and Porter Magazines and extra
special topic magazines in vertical files. I find that I do like their patterns and will go back to old copies to hunt up the patterns.

Now, brace yourself. I went through all of the Quilter's Newsletter Magazines I had saved and kept only those articles which appealed to me.

That"s what I meant by giving myself permission. I tore out articles;
stapled pages together, and discarded the rest for recycling.

Okay, then. Two piles of articles consist of those that I definitely want to
keep and will place in appropriate three ring notebooks I have set up and the second group is the grab and go variety. Grab and go to me means having something of interest to read and then discard.

Not only do I have several horizontal inches of shelf space reclaimed, I had a blast going through the magazines and discovering items of interest.

My interests have changed in design and types of fabrics over the past decade. I think I can get a handle on where to find items which do
interest me and lessen my desire to keep purchasing more and more magazines and books.

Any suggestions? Duplicate copies, by the way, have been set aside to give to another quilting group.

I get so many good ideas from this board, that I needed to cull my
collections :)