View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 05:05 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by mythreesuns
I saw where a poster was so excited to get their kit for the quilt. I had to look up to see what Quilt for Kids was all about. That is an awesome idea. I checked and we have no chapter close to us. We had two of our children that were in the NICU, Kenny for 3 weeks and Jimmy for 4 months. They did such an awesome job with both babies..but mainly Jimmy as he was very seriously ill and they never thought he would live to be a teen (he is now 24 and married) and I would love to make them some as a Thank You for all they did for us and what they do for others. Has anyone done this on their own before?
I have made 5 so far and am now making more. I love the organization. You don't have to have a chapter close to you. Just order a kit, then make a couple from your stash and send them to the main headquarters in PA. Right now they have a need for quilts for teenage boys, so I am making about 5 for them. I also make things for Childrens Hosp of Phila in the name of my neighbors best friend who lost a baby at 9 months after spending many months in their NICU.