Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 AM
fktsewing

So very sorry for the loss of your mother at such a special time of year. Now take a deep breath, and realize it is going to take you a little time. First, I would start with getting some large boxes from somehwere and sort by craft---ex: quilting, painting, jewelry making, etc. Mark each box with a giant label on the outside. Don't try to decide on what to keep and what to get rid of, that will come later. Once you have done that, then take 1 box at a time and separate into 2 piles---keep pile and bye bye pile. I know it is going to be hard, but once you start, it will get easier and the good memories you have of crafting with your mom will come through. This will also help you with the grieving process. Once you are done, then organize your sewing/crafting room with what you want to keep. The rest you can either sell on here or ebay or just donate. Be patient and if you get overwhelmed, stop for a day. You will get through it and it will get easier. You are in my thoughts and prayers.