View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Happy Treadler

Originally Posted by Joanieu
Originally Posted by supergma
. Remember the rubber thumb covers that bank tellers used once upon a time? I would like to find some of those.
That is what I use and you can get them at any office supply store and really cheap - I think they come like 12 or more in a box and in different sizes. I got mine from the office and they last a very long time. I put it on my index finger and never have to go looking for it, like I did when using the needle grippers (rubber disks) which I still have a few of them in my box.
I have been looking for these 'rubber fingers' at Walmart, too, for the same reason. I don't think I'd like a big gadget like that on my fingers. Heck, I can't even stand using a thimble! I think the rubber finger is both economical, and fixes the problem of the needle sliding out of your hand by giving you a 'grippy finger'. Oh, and it's a lot cheaper, too.
;) I know us quilters love our gadgets, so if I saw one on sale for cheap, I may considering trying it. Or, if anybody has a used one they don't use and would consider selling, send me a PM!