View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:02 AM
pipp5

I recently received some kits from Quilts for Kids, tops went together very quickly. Started quilting the first top and decided to try spray basting for the first time. Well, after the first few row of stitching was ripped out, thought my machine tension had somehow gotten messed with. I adjusted my tension, thoroughly cleaned and oiled the machine, tested it on a small sandwich and all looked good. Started again, did the same thing, now have figured out that my machine just doesn't like that spray basting stuff or maybe I just used too much. Anyway, washed by hand and line dried the backing, new batting, got it quilted just fine.....went to finish with the binding and it's no where to be found!!!! I had been keeping it in the bags that the quilt fabric came in, have no clue where it went! Guess I will keep looking for another day before I look for something else to use! Ever start a project that should have been so simple and it turns into a headache where you just wonder why you even got out of bed in the morning????? I'll persevere though, I love the idea the quilts going to kids in need of comfort!