Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Sashing-Sarah709

I'm new to quilting but I was delighted to pass on a bit o' wisdom I learned to another newbie last night at the quilt shop and saved her $10.00. :thumbup:

Last year when I started quilting, I bought a cone thread holder with a long arm since I needed to use cones and not spools. It was worthless because all it was just a disc with a shallow indention and a long plastic arm to send the thread to my machine. The arm kept falling off and the cone would walk off time and again. I have a wonderful elderly quilting neighbor that I visit with often and I told her of my thread woes. She laughed and told me to use a small glass jar and to take that thing back. "You'd never have made it through the depression spending moeny like that." LOL She was so right about the jars! Now I save all my small jars and bottles for cone thread holders--they're free, storage is easy, thread doesn't unravel and they work. :-D

What good idea have you had that would benifit others? How about passing them on just in time for weekend quilting? :-D

Sashing-Sarah709