View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 AM
arimuse

LOL I have a farm and dont even own a truck! I drive a yaris and haul stuff in the back! No one has to argue over the price of gas going to 10$ - it will go to 6$ by summer. The only thing that will drive it down a little is people NOT driving. The oil cos rape the planet in how they take oil out of any ground and then at how they charge for it as gas and fuel. We complain and do nothing. (when oil was first discovered in PA and started to be marketed as cars were coming on, electric cars were sold in greater numbers than gas cars - it was the oil cos that put out a concerted effort to kill ele car use thru govt regs and press/ads tothe point that ele cars went away. Gas was cheap!)
as soon as we stop using gas (walk, bike, cut driving) and the oil cos see the useage drop the price will drop until usage levels off, and that will be the new set price for gas in the US. This has been happening evry summer for several yrs now, forget all the other stuff happening on the planet - every yr theres a different "reason". More power to everyone here who can afford to drive a bohemoth vehical, and throw 100$ in a gas tank a week, I cannot and so dont. It doent matter anyway, there is a finite amt of oil on the planet, its going away faster and faster - take lots of pics of you in your gas vehicals cus your kids or grands arent likely to have them. Remember - oil is used to heat and also in fertilizers and many other things we use everyday - that will have to be addressed too, not just gas for cars - it wont be about the price of anything, it will be about what is necessary for life, food may win out over cars. If you grow/make things locally they dont have to be trucked half way around the world. I saw online on how to make a wood burning boiler from an old water heater to run a car on wood (steam driven! Jay Leno has a Stanley Steamer he drove on the tonight show to show how they run- very interesting,) I have 10 acres of scrubby trees! share t