View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 09:51 AM
mona202

Everyone has been so helpful and welcoming here! Thanks to all of you. I wish I had more time on here to view everyone's quilt pics and topics. The few quilts I looked at were PHENOMENAL! I hope to be half as good some day.

I am machine quilting with a regular machine but I don't have a walking foot. I have only done one project and it was a table runner so the clerk at JoAnns said I could just use a regular foot since the batting was thin. At what point, or loft, should I definitely have a walking foot? I am currently working my way up to a lap quilt and I will go from there but I don't know what loft to use or ounce batting and I am unsure of the foot.

Do all of you machine quilt or hand sew? I have no patience for hand sewing but it would be cool to learn to do it with a group. Do any of you belong to a guild? There are some here but too far away. I was thinking of trying to start a quilting circle at the library but I am unsure if there would be any interest. Have any of you done this?