Old 02-25-2011, 09:52 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
AT our "guild garage sale", we signed up ahead of time, so each person had a table set up for them, then we priced and sold our own items, giving 10% of our profits to the guild.
It was a lot of fun and i got rid of a lot of stuff.
Or charge for renting the table - $20. That way, the guild itself isn't responsible for any clean-up as every seller MUST clean up their table. The guild will probably end up making the same, if not more, money from table rental.
And members can share a table. I would keep it quilting/sewing related only.

Figure 10 tables at $20 nets the guild $200. Taking 10% of the sales, would be having to do $2,000 worth. And since the guild has no control over the "crap" the member might or might not bring in, it's better to go with the certain money.

And members with huge stashes KNOW what they have, and are more than willing to part with the $20 rental fee for a table.

If you open it up to Craigslist, you never know who is going to show up, but also, it would be nice to give other guild members an opportunity for first crack at the goodies.

Sales might be higher (?) with outsiders, but crowd control might be an issue. My 2 guilds are at max attendance on a regular basis and wouldn't be able to let another 20 people in the room even if they wanted to.