Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 AM
mamatobugboo

every quilt I have made and given away has been greatly appreciated....and only one has gone to a quilter. Even though people might not know the amount of work it takes or every detail that goes into making one, MOST people still appreciate the work and the gift. I made a comment before about most people not knowing what goes into making a quilt, but then again I don't know the amount of work and detail a carpenter puts into their furniture...but I still greatly appreciate the work they do.

I realize that some of you have had bad experiences with recipients of your gifts and I'm sad that that has caused you to swear off of making gifts for people unless you know beforehand that they would appreciate it.

If you are making quilts for the love of quilting and giving them to people you love, then continue to do that, regardless of reactions from a few. I don't feel there is any reason to tell someone how much it costs (unless they are going to pay you for it) or how much time it took - to me that sounds like seeking glory for yourself instead of honoring the recipient of the quilt with the gift, which is really what it is all about, for me.