View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
patricej
Administrator

my name is Patrice. i, too, am a fabriholic. (believe it or not, there are more stacks of drawers than you see here. they just didn't fit into the pic.)

i inherited the disease from my mom. (she had an excuse. she was a professional coutourie and tailor. she also made all my clothes until i was old enough to help make all my clothes. i got my first grown-up sewing machine in kindergarten.)

i was on the wagon for a while. until i discovered quilting. AND a fabric department in the WalMart just around the corner. fell hard, my friends. very hard. very fast. when they remodeled, they sold off 75% of their stock, for less than half price, with the intent of closing the department. much ruckus was raised so it's still limping along, in much less space and with a smaller selection, two years later.

THEN i joined this board and found out you could buy fabric online. all i can say is ... that wagon is now 25 miles down the road and out of sight. :lol:

i've been known to buy whole bolts "just because" and with no idea what i'll do with it. it's madness, i tell you. madness!!!! :shock: :lol:

i admire people who can buy only for specific projects. or who can control themselves enough to buy just "that little just-in-case extra." i am resolved to downsize my mountain and to splurge less from now on.

when is the next meeting, please? let me know when it's my turn to bring snacks. :roll:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-33931.jpe