View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
winterpromise31

Hello, all!

I'm Cassandra and I'm a pretty new quilter. I was invited to join the woman's quilting group at church, as they make quilts to donate to foster children. When I mentioned I don't know how to quilt, they took me under their wing and helped me through the first quilt (a nine patch).

Right now I'm finishing up a quilt inspired by a Moda tutorial, a quilt that was supposed to be a Christmas gift to my grandfather! Well, it's February and I'm still working on it. ;) When this quilt is finished, I'll be doing my second quilt for the church, a double nine patch. While that one is in progress, I want to make a tumbling blocks quilt (strip pieced) for my new nephew. My brother, his wife, and their new baby will be visiting in late June so I really need to hustle!

My hubby and I have been married five years and I've been a homemaker for the last two. I love being at home! Quilting is my newest hobby but I'm also an avid reader, am teaching myself Japanese, and love cooking.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Current WIP
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122573[/ATTACH]

My first quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122651[/ATTACH]

My quilting helper, Bruno
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122654[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122568.jpe   attachment-122646.jpe   attachment-122649.jpe