View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
zyxquilts

I was always interested by quilts - and one time started to cut out squares to make one, but was quickly bored & lost interest in it. Then one day the Adult Ed brochure came in the mail, & there was a beginning quilt making class listed! That was, mmmm, 17 years ago maybe...& I'm still attending the same class! lol
Once I had been in the class for several years, a new quilt guild started in my area, and the first president was a member of my class, so I had to join in that too. Still a member there too. :D
After I started quilting too, I found out that my great-grandmother had been a quilter, and I have a picture of her on the shelf above my quilt rack. She's sitting on the couch, with a needle stuck into the arm of the couch & a quilt on her lap, taking a break. I love that picture! The first quilt I finished hangs beneath her picture. I know I've posted a picture of it here before, but I can't find it now (it was LOOOONG time ago) - if I get home before dark, maybe I'll snap a new one to add here. :D