View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Maribeth

I have always enjoyed looking at "real" quilts and fabric, but have never been a fan of the $39- $59 quilts sold online or in stores. The mass produced just weren't good enough for me. :lol:

I have lost hours at quilt shows and shops. I just never could bring myself to try it, but I don't really know why. Then my mom died last spring. Long story short, she was not really the mom type and we hadn't really talked in years. It is sad, but I just always remember her as unhappy and self-absorbed and after her funeral I realized I had become a lot like her and I didn't want to be that way.

So, I resolved to find my bliss. I tried exercising, I saw a counselor, and I went to another quilt show.

Quilting, it seems, is my bliss, I love everything about it: the designing, the shopping (really love that part), the sewing, the assembly, the quilting, the binding, and chatting online.

I love love love that there are no real mistakes in quilting that cannot be changed or altered to work in another way. Lately, I have found myself taking that idea and applying it in other places in my life as well.

I find quilting to be easy and challenging at the same time.

I have learned by taking a few classes, reading online, purchasing a few books, drilling LQS employees for information, and watching numerous quilting shows and videos.

As I have written on this board before, I have learned so much from all of you and feel so comfortable asking questions and, when able, sharing the little bit of knowledge with you that I have gained.

And as expensive as this hobby has turned out to be, my husband says the change in me is worth every penny and I find I am happier in general. My cats are also big fans of the quilts and the piles of fabric and batting.

Probably way more information than you wanted, but you asked and that's my answer. Maribeth :lol: