Thread: Is it hard
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 PM
milp04

It would be a great idea to make a pillowcase. I also heard if you used the same fabrics from the quilt it makes it easy to determine what quilt is stored inside. I would suggest measuring to find the appropriate size so the quilt will fit properly. I like the idea of additing handles as well as making it with a drawstring for quilt storage.

You could add a second fabric strips on the inside of the pillowcase hem to add the drawstring. Possibly being a double pull drawstring along with attaching handles on the inside of the border fabric. The drawstring can be made with bias tape that matches your fabric colors. With the handles added from the inside, they can be pushed into the quilt when using with a pillow. The handles could be made out of the same fabric as the quilt.

Another use then for the pillowcase is that when using the quilt, slip a pillow inside for a pillow quilt usage combination. With the pillowcase in mind check out the different sizes for regular versus larger sized pillows such as a king pillow case.If using the quilt and pillow by a child the handles would make for easy carry if taking to a sleep over.

Good luck. Please post pictures, we love to see pictures!

Pam M
Dayton, OH