View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 04:24 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
I like books on disc. I can't tune in my radio in the dining room/studio. If not a book then classical music.
OMG, you sound like me! I am in the middle of listening to a series of books, The Shenandoah Series by Emilie Richards:

1. Wedding Ring
2. Endless Chain
3. Lover's Knot
4. Sister's Choice
5. Touching Stars

In that order.

Very good stories - all related around quilting. The narration is fantabulous. Very southern (and I love a southern accent).

And I love classical music, Beethoven, Chopin and Mozart. And I love to listen to Luciano Pavoratti.

Lucky for me our library sells their older cd audio books and their tape audio books, so I have a real collection here. Then when I am done with them I give them to a friend who takes them up north and gives them to the Lions Club for blind people to "see" some good books! I am waiting with bated breath for the next Jennifer Chiaverini book "The Union Quilt" to be delivered to our library. I have a request for it. First one on the list, too! Can't wait til that comes in. It is coming out in March.

If you want the names of some really good ones PM me and I will be glad to let you know of some. Be sure and read all of Jennifer Chiaverini's books! They are so good! Edie