View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 08:06 AM
deema

Here I am, just quilting away on DD's Littlest Pet Shop quilt...I'm getting into my groove with FMQ and really enjoying it! I made a great heart today in my loop to loops (of course, there were a whole lot of BAD hearts lol). But Yay for progress! So I'm quilting away, I have my tunes on my iPod, everything is going smoothly...

But...all good things must come to an end.

The unfortunate series of events started with my spool of thread nearing the end...where the tail of the thread started to come loose...then wrap around the spool pin. All of it unnoticed as I was quilting my little heart out. Once it was wrapped tightly enough around the spool pin, it jammed, with the needle still down, where I pulled with the quilt unknowingly, and pulled the needle just enough to hit and gouge the needle plate, break the needle and *almost* rip a hole in my quilt.

At least the quilt was there to prevent the needle tip from jumping up and poking my eye out or something. And what had the potential to become a giant rip is just a somewhat stretched out needle hole that I'm sure will disappear with washing.

I decided to call it quits for now. Instead of re-threading with the almost empty spool, I'm going to go buy a new one to prevent the thread tail fiasco from happening again...I knew I'd need to get a new spool anyhow.

Ok, that's all. I'm sure some of you can relate. :D