Old 02-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Gal

My daughter Louann had a few days off between finishing her day job and starting college doing a one year design course. We thought we should take the opportunity for her to come out here for a visit and whilst here do some sewing. Well events overtook us and as you are probably aware Christchurch was hit by an earthquake which has cause massive devastation to the city with many hundreds feared dead. Although we live approx 30 miles from the city we felt the quake here so much so that we had to very quickly run outside. It was only as the day went on that we realised what a great earthquake had hit the city. As Louann lives in the city with her fiancée she was desperate for news that he was ok, because of this we could not concentrate on sewing patterns any longer. It soon became apparent that there was a great tragedy unfolding, to pass the hours whilst waiting for any kind of news we decided to look through all our quilting books in the hope that this would take our mind of events. Over the next few days it was impossible to get into the heart of the city and Louann made the decision to stay with us for a few days longer once she found out that her fiancée was safe. Although not a quilter she was taken with this pattern and asked me to show her how to make it. The results are as in the picture posted, not perfect but she is very happy with it. It is going to be made into a cushion as a reminder of the dark days of February 2011. I am very happy to report that all my family are safe and well, if not their houses.

Gal
Attached Thumbnails attachment-119754.jpe