View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Deecee

Good morning everyone. Thank you all for your encouraging welcome. You already have a Dianne here so I am happy to be Deecee. I have ordered my book but don't anticipate receiving it for a week or two.

I am currently part of the Penny Haren BOM group, which will have an overlap with this group. I hope I can manage this as I know I am a slow sewer (and work as well).

Gai, Moppet (my avatar) is always ready to play with anyone who is available, even though she is 12 years old. The sweet face hides a rogue's heart.

Hi Lara, I'm thinking if I can sneak ahead with PH I will have less of an overlap and won't get too far behind with AOTH.

At this stage I am thinking of needleturn applique at the original block size. I have a reasonable stock of batiks that I have been using for my Australian Crazy Patch (which has a small amount of fusible applique) so will use these on a dark background. I am thinking black or dark blue but want something not quite solid - don't know what yet.

I may need to order my background from the U.S. as I don't want to spend $A25 per metre here. I have ordered overseas before but only fabric I have seen here, I am not sure about ordering sight-unseen. There seems to be different qualities of fabric - how do I know what quality I am ordering? Or is it better to just stay with certain brands/shops?

I have just gotten out of bed so I think I had better go and make myself some breakfast now before I end up glued to the computer until lunch time.