Old 02-26-2011, 01:21 PM
deema

Originally Posted by buslady
I need help with my featherweight, my patience is wearing very thin. LOL it atarted skipping stitches. i cleaned, oiled etc, it sewed for about ten minutes. DH cleaned, oiled, etc. i changed needle. have threaded and rethreaded, still skipps, even worse. it looks to me like the bobbin is the issue. the thread does not 'loop' around the bobbin case only once in several stitches. im thinking it is ssome dumb thing i am doing wrong, or missing. PLEASE help put me out of my misery. thanks.
Check under the bobbin case base for a thread wrapped in there. I just got my Featherweight and my stitches were allllll messed up. Tension was screwy, skipping stitches, the whole nine. Since I'd just gotten, I took it all apart to clean it and found two threads wrapped under the bobbin case base. Grab a flashlight and some tweezers. Use the wheel on the side to manually turn it while you're looking in the hole with the bed extension up. Shine the flashlight in there, and look for thread ends. Be careful pulling it out if you find one - if it's wrapped, it will need to be UNwrapped, not just pulled and broken. I found a piece of thread a good 6" long wrapped around mine, and another piece 2-3" long also. Two different threads I'd never used! lol As soon as I got those out, my problem was solved. Good luck!